Exercise Physiology is an incredibly powerful way to help you achieve your health and well-being goals, however, it can be hard to explain.
Think physiotherapy and personal training combined. This is a simple way to describe exercise physiology that doesn’t give credit to the breadth of conditions we can help with. If you’re injured; experience low back pain; have conditions like diabetes, obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, PCOS, anxiety, depression or cancer, we help YOU to improve your health and well-being, keep you doing the things you love, all through living an active lifestyle.
We listen to your unique wants and needs and focus on your goals to tailor your experience. We incorporate exercise, goal setting, dietary advice and education to provide a holistic, patient-focused approach.
Our Exercise Physiologist will help you feel comfortable – there is no boot camp style screaming in our sessions – and to exercise and implement healthy habits in a way that is safe and suitable for you. Just a handful of the things we can help you with are:
- Exercise to reduce and manage chronic (long term) pain, including low back pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis
- Prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries, including running related injuries
- Management of Type 2 Diabetes, PCOS, obesity – including weight reduction strategies
- Exercise for cardiac rehabilitation
- Exercise for people currently undergoing treatment for cancer, or following cancer treatment
- Exercise for every body, regardless of fitness level, age, gender or limitations to movement.
- Goal setting and health coaching
- Home exercises to ensure your results.
During your first session, we will spend some time listening to and assessing your needs and work with you to create the best plan for you to achieve your goals. This initial session is 60 minutes long. You may have access to rebates and compensable schemes with appropriate health fund coverage or GP referral